Started by AventurineLe

Rate this topic
  • 0 głosów - średnia: 0

0 posts in this topic
AventurineLe
Adept Szkółki

3 posts 3 threads Dołączył: Jul 2024
23-07-2024, 10:48 -
The first Elden Ring players were shocked when an NPC during the closed network test labeled their character a "bit player" who was supposed to "die in a ditch somewhere." His outright and immediate hostility was seen by some as the embodiment of the genre's brutality, but I'm here to report that, for Elden Ring Runes better or worse, this notorious persona's rough edges have been smoothed out a bit in the final version, that will go on sale on February 25.

Unless you stray from the obvious path at the start of Elden Ring's open world, the one you'll see is an individual named Varre. Varre appears friendly enough at firstglance, wearing an attractive, white mask and standing at one of the game's ubiquitous checkpoints. In the first preview Bandai Namco hosted last year, Varre was barely able to conceal his disdain. Every line, including those intended to inform or provide a background of the game's world were smeared with disdain.

While the predecessors to Elden Ring were certainly home to a hostile NPC at least two times, the experience was a different experience. The first person who spoke with you on your travels across The Lands Between basically telling you to shut up set the tone for the entire adventure. It was as if the developers were upfront about the kind of game they'd developed in order to make you not listen to his advice and continue on. Souls fans and those who desire FromSoftware's punishment on the level of psychosexuality enjoyed Varre's neoliberal approach.

Varre in the actual game is much less snooty than he appeared in the closed-network test. He's not the most nice player around, not at all, but those explanations from the end of the release feel more smug than threatening. Varre treats you as a slack-jawed tyrant in desperate need of instructions, in his voice which almost says, "Oh, you poor tiny dumbass, you're going to die out there but it's not going to be my fault." For those who don't know, I'm sorry to say that it's almost more frustrating than when he's giving you a scolding even though it feels like a more laid-back interaction overall.

However, I'm not convinced Varre isn't a shady plans in the wings. Perhaps it's because of the doubts that I've been ingrained in me by FromSoftware's previous games, but that doesn't mean I'm likely to keep my eyes on the ball for the duration of the Elden Ring playthrough. No matter who is wearing that mask, Varre still seems way too invested in my character's dying to Elden Ring Items for sale let my guard down in the area he's concerned. However, at least he's not calling me a "maidenless runt" or anything like that.
Ten post był ostatnio modyfikowany: 23-07-2024, 11:49 przez AventurineLe.

Skocz do:

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości